Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's Good to be Home!

Home: my kids, my husband, my bed!  We went out to dinner, watched a movie that Zac wanted to see, and made David's birthday cake for his party today.  I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't return to the books until after David's party.

After this first week, I decided to take a look at my own life as mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, neighbor... all very important components.  How am I viewed from their perceptions?  How can I be a better person? 

And, I was glad to be home, protected from the realities of the world, realities that I never really thought about until yesterday... 

Yesterday shook the very being of who I am.  I have never been faced with anything like that. Without saying too much (to protect the integrity of this program), what happened yesterday morning took me to a place I have never been before that tested my core values, my faith and my patience.  But that one incident will also make me a better leader.  I needed that one incident to remind me of those very real realities.  

So, here's to you "Mr. F-U".  May I never meet anyone like you again, but, if I do, I will have a foundation from which to start.

On a lighter note, I find myself laughing at stories I heard all week.  My husband looks at me and just shakes his head... yes, it's good to be home!


No comments:

Post a Comment