Monday, August 19, 2013

Another Miss but Still a Big Hit!

By the looks on our faces you can tell we had an awesome first day of school!  David's first day of Kindergarten, Zacary's first day of third grade, and my first day as a principal intern were nothing short of wonderful! 

When I missed David's fifth birthday this summer due to my internship, the coaches said there would be many other "misses" with this job.  Today, I missed his first day of Kindergarten.  Daddy had the pleasure of taking him to his class and hugging him good-bye... a stepping stone in his life that I knew I would not get to see.  So, when I picked them up today, I made sure I got a shot of the three of us to celebrate the day!

I know there will be more misses along the way.  But, knowing what I am preparing myself to do... to be... to achieve... makes those misses tolerable.  Today, I was there for 62  children who began sixth grade.  I was there for the parents who "missed" this stepping stone.  And, in a Kindergarten classroom today, a special teacher was doing the very same thing for this mom.  

To all the educators out there who sacrifice many of life's precious moments, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment