Monday, January 20, 2014

The Glass Is Half-Full

7 months down, 5 months to go... Where has the time gone.

It seems like I was just receiving my books or heading to Cullowhee or beginning my internship at Elise.  Now, I am heading into my mid-year conference with the superintendent.  And, it's been an amazing journey (hence the optimistic title)!

And, just when we think we have it down to a science, they throw us a curve ball and switch us to another school system for five weeks!  On the up side, I am looking forward to working with another leadership style and another system with different initiatives.  On the down side, I am going to miss the staff and students and the fact that I won't immediately know my role at my switch school.  


Highlights of the First Semester

~establishing positive relationships with the students and staff at Elise
~working with MCS leadership on the strategic plan
~remembering my roots as a teacher as decisions are made
~winning the sack race with an 8th grader at Fun Day... I couldn't breathe when it was over, but dog gone it, we won!

No comments:

Post a Comment